Sunday, April 27, 2008

Running on…

… 2 hours of sleep.

I must admit I did go to sleep a bit late last night. But, normally I will just fall right asleep and I get a good amount of rest. Not the case last night. I lie down and close my eyes but I do not drift off into dreamland. No, I am awake. I switch positions many times and yet I don’t fall into a slumber once! This continues until around 6AM this morning when I finally drift off only to wake up at 8AM to get ready for work at 9AM. Being a cashier can be pretty tiring on busy days but try being a cashier running on 2 hours of sleep. It is even more tiring. To top it off it was too hot for comfort today. Even in an air-conditioned store you could feel the heat radiating from the outside. At one point I saw a blond woman walk in only her skin wasn’t a fair skinned like she should be. She was red as a beet all over. From her head and probably to her toes she was red! It hurt just looking at her. Now I am going to finish this paragraph of a post to try and create something a bit more constructive or at least interesting.

No comments: