Monday, October 8, 2007

Thank you Giada.

Mmmm cookies.

Who is Giada? She is a chef on the Food Network that came up with these delicious Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze! These cookies would have to be the fanciest cookies I have ever made.

It was a nice and relaxing day and I had my share of tasty treats. I never really noticed how relaxing baking could be until today. Yes, it makes a big mess in the end. Just somehow when I was scooping the cookie dough out from the bowl to the cookie sheet I could feel myself calm down. I was so proud of how they came out. I found myself offering them to as many people as I could.

I wish I could venture out of the world of baking though. I want to try my hand at actual cooking. I want to make some lavish dinner or just some roast like my mother. I can cook eggs, pancakes, waffles, soup, man n’ cheese and all those simple things. I yearn for some more adventure in the kitchen. I’d rather not stay within the safety net of baking. Not to say that baking is really easy, it is just easier for me to bake than to cook an actual meal.

Have a good one folks, until next time!

No comments: