Monday, November 10, 2008

I’m Just No Good For You

An open letter to you.

Hi there,

By now you should be reading this letter while you play whatever random music you have playing at the moment.

Well, I wanted to let you know I did receive your letter you sent me. I am very flattered by what you have written but your perception of me is not real. Trying to find the words that won’t hurt your or even come off as rude is becoming more and more of a challenge as I write this to you.

There are a million things that I could list to prove your thoughts of me as false. But I will simply state that I am just no good for you. You deserve someone who you can depend on and who isn’t a flake such as I. You deserve to be with a man who has confidence in himself. You certainly could be with a much better looking man than myself.

I am not smart or talented or even funny. I really would be a terrible match for you. I don’t say these things to hurt you or to say that oh I don’t know. It is because I think the world of you that I think you could do much better than myself no matter how I felt. I won’t let you settle for the coal when you can get the diamond. I will just hold you back and I don’t want that for you.

I see great things for you and I don’t want to be the thing that keeps you from reaching greatness. So my friend will you please promise me you will continue on your quest for greatness? I know you will find that man whom you wrote about in that letter you sent me. Take care.

- The Coal.


This is just something that came to me as I was watching an interview with an actor. I am thinking of posting the response from the girl. We shall see. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Aaron Diaz Hoal said...

If only they really weren't wonderful and all that, then to add modesty on top of it . . . enough, I say!! How dare they be great!! They should be the shallow Hollywood aluminum hollow ghosts we expect. Er . . . maybe.