Friday, November 16, 2007

Don’t Try To Fix Me I’m Not Broken

That is mostly true.

Have you ever heard a song that just brings out all kinds of emotions? Well, for me at the moment that song is Hello by the band Evanescence.

I was looking through an old hard-drive of mine and I was listening to the songs that were on there and I came across that song and it brought back a lot of memories and now it pretty much fits with my current emotions.

When I first listened to this song I was writing a feature screenplay for school. The overall tone of the story was dark and depressing and I needed some sad music to get me to that place. For me that song was one of many songs that hit the spot. It helped me accomplish my goal of writing the script. I didn’t actually have anything really to be depressed about.

Now that I am listening to the song again about two years or so later, I have something to feel depressed about. With the holidays coming up they don’t seem to be as jolly as they once were. I myself am getting tired of the rush of emotions that I go through. One moment I am fine and then the next the simple thought or memory can spark my mood to do a sudden change and then I wipe away tears. But, honestly you have you let the emotions do their things. If you try and bottle them up they will be released somehow and I really think it’s not good to hold them in. So as much as I am frustrated with them I just have to let them take their course.

There is one line in the song that I think will pretty much fit how I will be over the holidays and such. The line is “If I smile and don’t believe.” The amount of forced smiles I will be doing just describes it perfectly. I think that will be all for now. Take care people!

P.S. Chelle, I went to Disneyland on Tuesday and I told my friend about how you killed Pooh and every time we saw Pooh there we just laughed. It was one of the things that made our day so fun. Thanks for sharing that story again!

No comments: