Friday, November 9, 2007

“What are you going to do for the holiday?”

I think I will go picketing.

Ever since this Writer Guild went on strike I have been paying extra attention to the news and have been looking for articles about it on the news. Why? Well, I am an aspiring screenwriter and I want to know what is going on. I have wanted to go down and picket ever since my favorite blog writing/Screenwriter, John August, invited his readers down to join him. I feel that is really important to go and show my support because those are my fellow peers and they are fighting for the rights that the current and aspiring writers should have. I know that if they get what they want it will be a better situation for me when I get out into the industry.

I baby-sit four days and week and then on my weekends I work my lovely cashier job. So I have not been able to join my fellow peers at the picket lines. It turns out that since Monday is a holiday and I will more than likely not be babysitting I will have a chance to actually go down there and show my support. I would like to extend the invitation out to all that are in the area to go down and support the writers as well. Whether it is by a honk or actually holding a sign. It would mean so much to the writers out there to know that they are supported. To read more information about the strike here is a link to John August’s blog: John August

Upcoming events for me that I am looking forward to are as listed:

- Picketing on Monday
- Disneyland on Tuesday
- Getting paid on Thursday

Take care everyone!

No comments: