Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Fainted...

What a couple of days can do to a person.

Monday I started to feel stomach cramps and I noticed that I had the liquid poo syndrome, also known as Diarrhea. So, I ate a banana and took some Immodium.

After my baby cousins left I was now stuck lying on the couch because of the pain I was having in my stomach. I was watching the Santa Claus with my mother when I feel the sudden urge to gag. Gagging turned into vomiting and I threw up all of the contents that I had that day. Water and a banana, probably some stomach acid too but it didn’t burn coming out like it usually does. My mother made me some Ginger tea and I lied there falling in and out of sleep. My sister Janice and her boyfriend bought me a 20 oz bottle of 7-Up. That helped my stomach settle much better than the tea or water I had been drinking.

I ended up spending the night on the couch and not in my comfy bed. I started my shift in watching my baby cousins. It was a typical day only my legs hurt as well as my lower back, I blame the couch, and the continued nausea. I had not eaten anything and even when I made the babies their food I still did not eat. Later that day baby Becca decided that she no longer wanted in her playpen and she put her little legs over and went face first to the tile floor below. I rushed to her and picked her screaming body up. Her mouth was covered in blood and I went to the kitchen and started to wet paper towels to wipe away the blood. My sister Connie comes out of the room and once she sees the bloods around Becca’s mouth she starts freaking out. I am trying to hold Becca and get her to bite down on the paper towel and yet still keep my sister calm.

My arm is now tired from holding little Becca and I hand her off to Connie. My head suddenly becomes light and fuzzy. I feel out of breath and I grab on to the stove to catch my breath and then everything goes black. Apparently I fell into my sister and she grabbed me and I told her, “What are you doing, I am fine?” and I remember her saying something like “No you’re not!” and then, this is the fall I remember, I fell on my ass on the tile floor in the kitchen taking down my sister as she is hold poor baby Becca. At this point there is no claming down my sister and she is screaming bloody murder for my sister Janice to come out of the shower and to help her out. Now, I feel fine and I want to get up but Connie insists that I stay seated and she rushes to the bathroom with Becca in her arms and bangs on the door continuously screaming, “Janice get out here now! This is serious!” Once she and Janice have their share of words she comes back and gives me a piece of bread and a bottle of water. She calls our aunt and tries to get advice as to what to do next. She felt I was fine to get up and go to the couch she insisted I at least put one arm around her as I get moved back to the dreaded couch. Once my sister Janice gets out of the bathroom she insists I have to eat something and makes me soup. Her boyfriend comes and gets me another 20oz of 7-Up.

My aunt comes over and has a look at me and she says I looked fine but if I fainted again to see the doctor. Even if I faint a week later, and that she thinks the main reason why I fainted was cause of the stress of Becca screaming in my ear and seeing the blood. She explained to me what causes people to faint and things of that nature. Needless to say my family made sure I ate that day.

Then comes today, I decided that last night I would sleep in my own bed and not on that damned couch. Only to wake at 4am coughing my brains out because I was congested in my chest once more. Not only was I waking up Connie, but also my stomach was not getting upset so I decide to move back to the couch. My mother thinks I have developed an allergy to Connie’s cat. She suggests I try one more night on the couch. All day my stomach felt tight but I made sure to eat something and my sisters made sure I ate as well. Now, this evening my throat is really bugging me and my voice is scratchy. So Janice made me some tea. This is what being sick has caused me over the course of three days. If it’s not one thing it is another.

So, that is the reason why I haven’t been writing lately and once I get the time to not be sick I will continue with my little vampire series. Evening all!

No comments: